Argan Oil is derived from Morocco where the the Argan Tree grows. It produces fruit which contains kernels, when roasted, produce a nutty oil.
The Top 5 Uses for Argan Oil are:
- Cooking. It is a very light, aromatic oil that is great for low heat cooking and a variety of salads. Vegetables, fish and poultry are enhanced by the nutty essence of Argan oil.
- Vitamin E. Argan oil contains Vitamin E which is dissolved in fats. It can be used to promote weight gain in premature infants, and can aid in the control of symptoms related to menopause, cancer, and pregnancy. It has also been used to prevent aging by smoothing out wrinkles and serves as an antioxidant.
- Healing Virtues. Argan oil has been used to heal scar tissue, dry skin (eczema), psoriasis, promoting skin elasticity (anti-aging), and softens hair.
- Moisturizer. Because of the light viscosity, Argan oil is used as a hair and skin moisturizer. The fatty acids that melt with heat, creates a protective coating for the hair skin without leaving a sticky or greasy residue. It is quickly dissolved into the hair, and is also used as a heat styling protectant.
- Heat Resistance. Derived from the Desert Climate of North Africa, Argan Oil is designed to withstand EXTREME HEAT AND DRY CONDITIONS. It’s nutrients are of a great benefit to those with very dry hair and live in warmer climates.
Argan oil is not to be confused with Moroccan oil as Argan oil is most often sold pure and Moroccan oil contains a variety of additional ingredients. Be aware that some oils contain a large amount of artificial preservatives and contain very little organic oil. Purchasing pure oils at the higher cost will last a long time and save you from possible skin irritation or other adverse effects. The average cost of a 2-4oz bottle of Argan oil is $15.